Monday, February 23, 2009

{WHOLE WHEAT VEGAN PIZZA}

(Ignore the half of the pizza that has pepperoni and cheese on it. That's my husband's half.)


2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. honey
1 T. yeast
1/2 t. salt
2 T. applesauce
1 c. comfortably hot water

1/2 c. whole wheat flour

• Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

• Mix first group of ingredients until just wet.

• Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.

• Add 1/2 cup flour.

• Knead and roll onto pizza stone or cookie sheet.

• Add any combination of the following (or be creative and come up with your own!):

tomato or spaghetti sauce
olives
fresh tomatoes
green, red, orange, yellow bell peppers
pineapple
almonds
mushrooms
onions
steamed brocolli

• Bake for 10 minutes at 500 degrees.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

That looks so good, Bek! (and I was wondering about the pepperoni - I got excited for a minute that you had found a good vegan one.)

I saw a pizza on Vegan YumYum (I think) that had pine nuts, pineapple, and sundried tomatoes on it - I think I want to try that with your crust.